Your choice of gravimetric, volumetric or loss in weight. Gravimetric feed system is standard and designed for 6 common ingredients, virgin resin, reclaim, nucleant and color. We can also accommodate up to 8 ingredients as required for open cell foaming applications. Click here to request a quote.
Our extra long mixing section using our proprietary screw provides uniform distribution of the ingredients and blowing agent with low horsepower and efficient energy use. Our standard screw is ready for both inert gas or hydrocarbon.
The gas pumping system uses a very accurate stroke adjustment to vary the amount of gas being pumped to the extruder. The pump comes mounted to a stand and plumbed with a pressure relief system as a safety feature to avoid high pressure failures. Also includes a coriolis meter for displaying gas consumption and an optional controller to adjust the pump to set point automatically. Pumps can be configured to the application as needed
State of the art screw designed with low sheer and enhanced mixing, assuring consistent cooling of the melt before reaching the die.
Set up for use with a wide array of dies available to meet virtually any need in PS, PP, and PE with multiple types of blowing agents. We offer the standard Commodore die, BEC die and Co-extrusion dies.
For more information about the Commodore dies and to request a quote , click here.
The mandrel and cart for the Commodore extrusion system is simple and reliable.
- Single or double slit operation
- Quick connectors for water and air supply for quicker change overs
- Water and air cooled zones to ensure sufficient cooling
- Adjustable knife for slitting sheet
- Cart includes casters and track for correct alignment
- Winch or electrical mount for ease of cart operation
- Optional dual drum shuttle incorporates features to allow for rapid mandrel while extruder is running
- Optional coatings available for mandrels
The pull roll stand is a simple and safe machine for pulling the sheet from the extruder accommodating single and double web applications.
Systems are sized for the application and fully customizable, click here for a quote.
The Commmodore winder is a simple, safe and reliable winder. It features a coreless design with an enlarged core area to minimize sheet breakage during roll changes, optional core can be provided if required. The large diameter also minimizes wrinkles at the center of the roll , reducing waste. The winder cores use a simple ball and wedge design to push the leaves in and out. The winder is sized for the application and fully customizable, click here for a quote.
We engineer and build our extrusion systems to stand up to the rigors of 24/7 operation. We currently have six foam extruders supporting our own plant operations, which gives us the unique ability to continuously improve our designs. Let's look at your operation and see where we can help.
Materials for this extruder can be PS, PE and PP
(1) The output rate will depend on actual raw material used, the amount of regrind, bulk density and quality requirements dictate by the market. Commodore reserves the right to control the material specifications during testing runs in connection with performance trials. Actual density range is dependent on quality required in the market.